Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Leavin' On A Jet Plane

It’s here; the time has arrived for Sean and me to head back to Kenya. It’s always a bittersweet time. We’re sad to be leaving our friends and family but excited to be heading home to our other friends and family.

This trip to Canada has been different than other years in so many ways. It’s been an emotional trip: sick family members, working on relationships that needed it, reuniting with old friends, opening up about struggles, grieving over losses and goodbyes, preparing for things to come and so on.

There were times of extreme physical, mental, emotional and spiritual exhaustion. There were times when a good solid cry (as my friend says, “the ones where it’s snot and all!”) was all that we could physically do. And all the other times, we just prayed.

I do have to point out that I have one incredible husband. He is the calmest person I know. He’s a man full of emotions (and not afraid to show them) but he’s also a man full of faith that God has it all worked out. I love and admire my husband for that; he’s a wonderful example and I’m honoured to have him as the head of our family.

On Monday, we’re leavin’ on a jet plane (its okay if you start humming the song!). Our trip will take us from Toronto to London, London to Nairobi and then Nairobi to Kitale. Sometimes I wish that I could just close my eyes, tap my heels together, and say “There’s no place like home; there’s no place like home!”....and voila, we’ve arrived. Do you think it will work? It did for Dorothy.

I haven’t been very disciplined with blogging. I hope to change that. There are many things that are going to be happening and we want to share the journey with you.

Thank you for sticking with us; thank you for praying for us. For those of you in Canada, we’ve enjoyed our time with you. And for those of you in Kenya, we can’t wait to see you all. We’re coming home!!!!


Check out our new blog: Stewarts In Africa


No comments: