Tuesday, November 6, 2007

God's Peace...

God’s been showing me a lot lately. I hit a very low point last week; lower than I have felt in a very long time. I needed to find closure on some issues and I found out the only way I could get those closures was by seeking and being closer to God. It wasn’t something that a person(s) could do; it was something that God told me truly could only be done from Him. I needed to find peace through Him.

I was on my way home the other day from a meeting and I was sitting in the matatu. I was looking out the window at the beautiful scenery pass me by and I just started praying. I asked God to just fill me with peace and joy, something that I felt had slipped away over the past week or so. I just laid it all out to Him, surrendering my need for control over all that I had been dealing with.

And then I looked a little to the right. There are these beautiful rolling hills and sometimes when the clouds are low, they cover the peak of the higher hills. This was one of these days. Attached to one of these clouds was this beautiful faint rainbow. It looked as if the rainbow was hugging the hills.

I was suddenly overcome with peace; peace with what I was feeling, what I was dealing with. There was just peace. God was letting me know that I would be okay.

It doesn’t mean that all is fixed in one moment but it does mean that I have God’s promise: Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. So we say with confidence, The Lord is my helper.” Hebrews 13:5-6

I choose to focus on Him. I choose to allow Him to heal me. I choose to be the woman He has called me to be.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, to those of you who prayed for me. They were heard.

Love you all,
Meredith
xoxoxo

1 comment:

Casey and Ryanne said...

Hey Meredith,

Remember me, Ryanne? I finally figured out your blog address cause Todd never gave it to me. I hope all is going well there in Africa. I have 2 favors to ask. Can you give me an update on Todd since he's decided not to contact anyone back home. And, do you know of anyone over there who handles adoptions? I have a family member very interested in the adoption process. My email address is ryerye18@hotmail.com Take care and tell everyone hi for me!
Ryanne