Saturday, March 8, 2008

Thoughts from Kenya....

There’s this song that I listen to a lot. It’s called Hosanna by Hillsong United. I believe it’s their most recent album. In the song, there is this wonderful guitar part and then the words….the words that I sing at the top of my lungs each time I listen. These are lyrics that I am not singing for the sake of singing, these are words that I shout out to God.

Heal my heart and make me clean

Open up my eyes to the things unseen

Show me how to love like You have loved me

Break my heart for what breaks Yours

Everything I am is for Your kingdom’s cause

As I walk from earth into eternity

God has shown me so much since living in Africa; He has shown me a love for His people that I never really knew or understood. He has shown me pieces of His heart in the faces of the children here. He has shown me patience – and that’s just Him dealing with me on a regular basis.

He has shown me a true, gentle and loving Father beyond my comprehension. I fall on my knees before Him many times, in awe of who HE is, in awe of what He does.

I want Him to show me how to love like He loves. I want my heart to break for what breaks His. I want to be so much like Him. I want to be all He wants me to be. I want to live my life for Him. Everything that I am is for His kingdom’s cause.

Lord, you have taken me from brokenness, from guilt and shame, from sadness and loneliness and made me whole. You have wrapped your arms around me and covered me with a love that is so pure; I feel it in all that I am. You hold all my tears; when I cry, you comfort me.

Why people reject you; refuse to know you, I don’t know. You are more real than anything in my life. You fill the void that nothing and no one else can fill. You are my all.

Use me Lord; use my hands and feet to go and do what You want me to do. Break me Lord. Break me and mold me in to the woman You want me to be. You are the centre of my life; the centre of who I am. I look forward to spending eternity with You.

Those are my thoughts today!

Love,

Meredith

xoxoxoxo

No comments: